What We Do
The Women’s Fund of Long Island consists of dedicated women and men who have worked together for over twenty years to empower women and girls on Long Island through our three program areas:
- Distributed almost 450 grants to over 300 organizations over the past 20 years. Learn More
- Funds efforts that address emerging issues facing women and girls in the areas of economic opportunity, women’s rights, gender equity and leadership.
- Provides grantee partners with capacity-building training and connections to funders and potential partners.
- Develops our next generation of young woman leaders by recognizing women whose achievements have empowered other women. Learn More
- Promotes youth philanthropy and offers unique opportunities for young women to build and leverage their leadership skills.
- Connects young women leaders across Long Island, encourages them to identify issues in their communities and provides them with tools to make changes.
- Provides internship opportunities for young women. Learn More
Education and Awareness
- Shares ideas and generates solutions about women and girls through lectures, independent films, awareness-raising events and salon discussions. Learn More
- Gathers and disseminates comprehensive data about the status of women and girls on Long Island. Learn More
- Cultivates a growing fellowship of women and men interested in investing in the Power of Women and the Dreams of Girls. Learn More